08 Apr 2018

Black Florida Legislator Thanks God for Slavery

, , , ,


Florida Rep. Kimberly Daniels

Kimberly Daniels is a former prostitute who got religion, became a minister, and wound up elected to the Florida State House of Representatives from Jacksonville as a democrat.

She recently sponsored a bill which would require Florida public schools to post “In God We Trust” on their premises, which has outraged the militant secularist crowd.

Progressive Secular Humanist Michael Stone had a cow on the Patheos blog over a recent comment by Daniels thanking God for American Antebellum Slavery, because “if it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.”

Personally, I found her comment refreshingly un-PC and a lot more intelligent than the standard bitching and moaning about 150-years-dead historical circumstances and events.

Rep. Daniels’ quip is obviously not precisely accurate, absent slavery, today’s individual African Americans simply would never would have been born. But if, like Rep. Daniels, they indulge in imagining themselves born with the same identical personhood in their ancestral African place of genetic origin, they obviously would find themselves living in extreme poverty and primitive circumstances, with a much shorter life expectancy, possibly exposed to the hazards of tribal or religious violence or even to a slave trade still operating in the 21st Century, and worshiping trees or worse.

Michael Stone barks: “The stupid, it burns.” Well, he ought to know, because he, not Rep. Daniels, is the stupid one.

The African American community would be a lot better off with more leaders and spokesmen like Kimberly Daniels than they are with Al Sharpton and Ta-Nehisi Coates.

StumbleUpon.com
6 Feedbacks on "Black Florida Legislator Thanks God for Slavery"

GoneWithTheWind

All of the black activists and agitators and onlookers are quite happy about slavery. Someone long dead that we don’t know bought a slave we don’t know who is long dead and THAT makes it possible for everyone in America who is black to get free stuff and benefits that no one else can get. It is “black privilege”. All the black race baiters became millionaires with this black privilege. It is a pretty good gig.



Boligat

You can’t even bring this point up in any kind of debate, either. I was listening to a radio talk show in St. Louis. Judging from the accents it sounded like the host was white and the guest was black. They were talking about civil rights and the plight of the black man and all that kind of stuff when a woman called in an made the same point that Daniels made and then asked what they thought about that.

Both the host and the guest were dumbfounded that anyone would dare bring that up and spent five or so minutes saying how awful it was for anyone to bring up anything like that and then they went on to a different subject, but they never actually addressed the caller’s question, much less point.

You will get called names, you will get angry people in your face, you will get threatened and maybe even spit on, but the one thing you will never get is an honest response.



Fred

“if it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.”

I burst out laughing at this. Then it crossed my mind that if on top of this you have nothing to eat but UN hardtack then you might as well already be in hell.



BrianE

After his ‘Rumble in the Jungle,’ back in Sese Seko’s kooky Zaire, Muhammad Ali was famously asked “Champ, what did you think of Africa?” to which the Champ replied, “Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat.”

Not a new realization.



Seattle Sam

I would vote to fund a program where any “African American” could opt to return to Africa (or any other country of his choice). What percent of black people do you think would opt in? I’m guessing less than 1%. The other 99% can stop their whining about being here against their will.



Boligat

Seattle Sam:

I agree. A one way ticket plus one year’s worth of welfare payments in one lump sum.
And tell them this is all the ‘reparations’ they are going to get. Ever. Not only that, they lose their citizenship if they leave.



Comments

Please Leave a Comment!




Please note: Comments may be moderated. It may take a while for them to show on the page.






















Feeds
Entries (RSS)
Comments (RSS)
Feed Shark