Steve Hayward offers the first nine of a proposed Lutheran 95 Theses about the 2016 Election:
1) If Republicans had nominated one of their conventional candidates, that nominee would be running 10 points ahead of Hillary.
2) If Democrats had nominated someone plausible other than Hillary, that nominee would be leading Trump by 15 points or more. (Hillary is up almost 10 in the current polls.)
3) Republicans nominated the only candidate who could possibly lose to Hillary Clinton.
4) Democrats nominated the only person who could possibly lose to Donald Trump.
5) Is there any way Captain Kirk could reprogram our electoral computer to avoid this political Kobayashi-Maru Scenario? (Classical reference. . .)
Hat tip to Bird Dog.